When we decide to work together, I get hands-on right away. By the time the purchase is complete, I will have created a binder on your property with a depth of detail that would make Google blush.
First we’ll sit down and talk through your motivations. What are you looking to achieve? What are your must-have’s and deal-breakers?
We’ll refine your search criteria and see what’s available.
Over the next few months we’ll sift through listings, tour properties, and further tweak your search.
Then we’ll find it. The right one.
I’ll spring into action, looking casual to the seller of course. We’ll make an offer and start due diligence.
A first-timer might be astounded at the depth and breadth of due diligence. As a buyer it is your responsibility to understand these documents. I will be your guide, helping to collate information and providing advice. Ultimately you will decide if what we discover is acceptable.
- Contracts: Operational, Maintenance & Management
- Building Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Tax History
- Architectural Plans
- Final Plat
- Landscape Plan
- List of Inclusions
- Operating Statements (last 5 years)
- Rent Roll
- Current Lease(s)
- Tenant Improvement Work to be completed
- Insurance Policies
- Drainage Report
- Subsurface Inspection
- Phase I & II and/or other Environmental Reports
- ADA Reports
- Certificate of Occupancy
- City of Loveland Property Report
- Enterprise Zone Map
- Parking Lot Maintenance and Snow Removal Information
Not every buyer chooses to go to such lengths, but I know it’s worth the extra effort. I believe it is better to know before you buy than risk getting surprised after the deal is done.
Finally we’re ready to close.
At the closing table, your attorney and the Closer for the Title company will guide you through the reams of contracts, disclosures, and minutia. You just need to keep your hand from cramping.
After weeks of getting details and documents from the seller, I’ll know as much about your building than you do – maybe more.That Google-esque binder is yours and I’ll deliver it to you physically and/or digitally.
Befuddled by something a few years down the road?
Call me and ask. If I don’t remember off-hand, I’ll help you find it.
Are we a good fit?
- You know what you are looking for and how you’ll use it
- Your search criteria are driven by real needs rather than soft “wants”. This makes it easier to narrow down possibilities.
- You are an attentive owner who nurtures their property
- You are looking for Improved Property: Industrial, Buildings, Special Use, Office Space
- You are seeking a long-term partner, whether for future transactions or finding tenants.
- Less than $100k down payment
- Undeveloped Land
Of course, these are just guidelines. Let’s chat before ruling anything out.